COVID-19, keeping you safe
Our priority at Bubbles Dive Centre has always been everyone’s safety. In these difficult times we have decided to adopt both the DAN and PADI guidelines. These sets of guidelines are very important in ensuring everyone’s safety.
Our policy for both staff and customers is as follows;
SAFETY MEASURES FOR CUSTOMERS AND STAFF
- Please do not enter the dive centre if you have symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Do not go diving if you have or may have symptoms..
- Please sanitize your hands on entry and exit using our free sanitizer.
- Pens will be sanitized after every use.
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose.
- All surfaces are disinfected daily.
- Changing rooms and common areas and toilets are disinfected after each use.
- All diving equipment is thoroughly disinfected after each use and no equipment is shared between customers
MANAGING INFECTION CONTROL OF EQUIPMENT
- Sanitize hands before and after setting up equipment.
- Avoid contact with cylinder valve openings, regulator first stages and dust caps.
- All equipment is thoroughly disinfected after each use.
- All disinfected equipment is stored separately to used equipment.
- Only staff members will disinfect Dive Centre equipment including rental gear.
- Individual customers will only use the same set of equipment, each customer will have a kit list, a box number and the stock number of each item will be included.
- Regulator mouthpieces are thoroughly disinfected after each use and new mouth pieces are available for purchase at cost price from the Dive Centre.
- Only special deffoger to be used to defog masks, no saliva to be used.
PROTECTION ON DIVING BOATS & VEHICLES
- We never take more than 4 customers in any of our vehicles or on our boat because our maximum group size is never more than four.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
SAFE BUDDY CHECKS AND GAS SHARING
- Avoid touching your buddy’s equipment. A visual check should be carried out with self-demonstration and verbal confirmation.
- Gas sharing – in an emergency and in training, it is recommended to use your alternative gas source and avoid donating regulators.
SAFELY REFILLING CYLINDERS
- Compressor inlet is from an external point to avoid any contamination.
- High temperatures that are reached for air compression, are above the virus resistance threshold, making it highly unlikely that a virus can remain active after passing through a compressor.
- Staff re-filling tanks follow correct hygiene procedures and wear recommended PPE.
- Only authorized people can enter the compressor room.